Keyword in Java
What is Keyword in Java?
Key + word means a word having crucial importance. In Java programming language keywords are reserved words having predefined meaning.
- There are total 50 keywords in Java.
- These words are nothing but 50 character sequences, formed from ASCII letters, are reserved for use as keywords.
- These keywords can not be used as identifiers.
- The keywords const and goto are reserved, even though they are not currently used. This may allow a Java compiler to produce better error messages if these C++ keywords incorrectly appear in programs.
- true, false, and null might seem like keywords, but they are actually literals; you cannot use them as identifiers in your programs.